Introduction to Blacksmithing Course
When: Sat, November 18th
9AM – 5PM Lunch Provided
Cost: $175 per Student
Instructors: Charlie Hollis & Mike Pennington
This will be an abridged version of our 10 week basic blacksmithing course.
The curriculum will include:
- How to start and maintain a coal forge
- How to forge S hooks – this will teach students hammer control as well as how to taper stock and put a finished end on it
- How to forge a rat tail end, ribbon taper end, & fish tail end
- How to put a decorative twist on round and square stock
- How to forge a punch & chisel
- How to heat treat & temper
Class will be limited to 8 students
*Students must be 14 years of age or older. Any minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian.