About this event
Quadstate includes three days of demonstrations and tailgate sales of all types of blacksmith related items. It is held annually the fourth weekend of September at the home of SOFA on the Miami County fairgrounds in Troy, Ohio and includes camping and food on site.
12:00 PM – Preparation and Tailgate Sales
- Experience the largest gathering of Blacksmiths in the US!
- If you need something for Blacksmithing and you can’t find it at the QuadState tailgate sales, it don’t exist!
6:00 PM – Opening Ceremony and Friday Night Event
- Opening Ceremony and Introduction of Demonstrators
- Friday Night Event: Tony Swatton will be demonstrating the finer points in the making of a world-class Damascus sword or knife.
- Master Blacksmith Tony Swatton is a self-educated blacksmith who started making his own armor at the age Seventeen. Nine years later, he opened his first shop, where he made products for Euro Disney and Michael Jackson. He did his first film work for Hook in 1991. In over 30 years he has forged pieces for over 300 feature films and some of the largest franchises on the planet. His work can be seen in many films and TV shows, including Pirates of the Caribbean, Thor, Star Trek, Batman, Hellboy, The Last Samurai, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Concurrent Demonstrations:
- Steve King – Tool Stand (Site H)
- Candace Martens – Basic Instruction (Site G)
- Richard Sullivan – Gunsmith (Site F)
- Tony Swatton – Knife and Sword (Site D)
- Marty Reisig – Traditional (Site B)
- Mystery Demo (Site A)
See QuadState 2021 Booklet or on the SOFA QuadState website for more information about each demonstrator and their demonstration.
5:30 PM – Auction (Site D)
7:30 PM – Forging Competition
Tailgate Sales Open All Day
Gallery Open for viewing – 8am-5pm & 8:30-10pm
8:45 AM – Presentation of Awards and Prizes
9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
- Concurrent Demonstrations Continued from Saturday – Sites H, G, F, D, B, A